The Need: Address growth and repair and maintain existing infrastructure.
The Solution: A $475 million bond that will not increase the current tax rate.
The Results: The district completed 212 projects after voters approved its 2015 bond.
You have questions, this page has answers!
Check out Frequently Asked Questions about the Building Generations Bond and watch Davis School District's Bond Video Library.
Bond Video Library
Frequently Asked Questions
- I'm not too familiar with bonds. What is a bond?
- How much will this bond proposal cost me?
- How does the district prioritize upgrade and remodel projects in existing schools?
- How does the district decide when and where to build schools?
- What factors contribute to the costs associated with building new schools?
- How will bond money be used? Are there any rules about what the funding can or can't be used for?
- How can the district pass a bond without increasing the tax rate?
- Why does the ballot say a property tax to pay debt service in the estimated amount of $269.10 per year will be required?